The growing interest in CBD or Cannabidiol Oil is understandable. Its long list of benefits has piqued the attention of a good number of people who may be suffering from pain, a terminal illness, or a chronic disease where Cannabidiol Oil could be of help.
But not all these people interested in CBD jump into the bandwagon. They usually undertake research work to find out what Cannabidiol does and if it produces side effects. With the many misconceptions about Cannabidiol Oil, a person must verify information on it from reputable sources. One of the first misconceptions about Cannabidiol Oil is the possibility that it can be addictive and that it has psychoactive properties, much like its close plant relative – Cannabis. Cannabis or Marijuana contains THC or Tetrahydrocannabinol or the substance that alters a person’s consciousness upon consumption.
Cannabidiol Oil does not contain THC as it is extracted from other plant parts of Hemp. And if in case there are traces of THC on CBD, it will not go more than .3% — an amount which will not produce any mind alteration. THC in Marijuana, on the other hand, may have as much as 30% and can cause euphoria, a high, or a stoned effect on the user. It is also addictive.
So what is the difference between CBD and THC?
CBD and THC are both components of Cannabis and Hemp Plants. CBD is primarily extracted from Hemp, which does not contain THC. THC, on the other hand, can be found in Marijuana plants.
THC is responsible for the psychoactive effect of Marijuana that has made it a prohibited drug in most countries, including some states in the United States. Medical Marijuana though, has been approved for use in some states; hence its ability to relieve chronic and severe pain has been harnessed by some patients looking for alternative medication.
The downside of using THC, though, is its mind-altering effects, which can alter the consciousness of a person. It is also addictive. In CBD or Cannabidiol Oil, THC is unheard of. And although there could be very minute traces of it as it comes from related plant species, the levels of THC that can be found in Cannabidiol Oil are negligible and could not produce any psychoactive effect.
Why patients choose Cannabidiol Oil
Cannabidiol Oil has a very long list of positive health benefits. The foremost reason why a growing number of patients choose it to help relieve their pain and other illnesses is that it produces zero to very minimal side effects. Moreover, it is plant-based and is a wholesome medication that is produced in an environment-friendly manner.
Here are some of the health benefits of using Cannabidiol Oil:
1. CBD oil is an excellent pain reliever. Cannabidiol Oil is a fantastic pain reliever to any pain. It can help chronic pain patients, those with acute musculoskeletal pain, and those suffering pain from injuries. CBD Oil effectively manages pain, as it has excellent anti-inflammatory properties that keep illness at bay. Moreover, it also helps in heightening a person’s pain threshold, and lessen the stress brought about by the pain. One of the unique selling points of Cannabidiol Oil as a pain reliever is its non-ability to produce harmful side effects. While pharmaceutical anti-inflammatory medication can cause long term damage to the kidneys among other side effects, Cannabidiol Oil hardly has any side effects, except stomach upset to a small percentage of people. Most CBD Oil consumers rarely experience this stomach upset. Moreover, CBD oil does not cause dependency at all, unlike other pain medication where a patient gets a harder time weaning off of it.
2. CBD Oil is a good anxiolytic. Cannabidiol Oil can help calm an excessively anxious mind. Those diagnosed with anxiety can find relief with Cannabidiol oil as it tackles the root cause of worries in the brain. Moreover, it also regulates the production of Serotonin, which is the feel-good hormone of the body. By increasing its production, the person generally feels better about himself. Apart from being an excellent anxiolytic, Cannabidiol Oil also helps in relieving clinical depression, excessive stress, and even Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
3. Cannabidiol Oil prevents pediatric seizures. CBD Oil’s ability to avoid pediatric seizures among children afflicted with the Lennox-Gastaut and the Dravett Epileptic syndromes has thrust it into the limelight. Now, it is one of the main ingredients for pharmaceutical medication meant to address those mentioned above pediatric epileptic syndromes.
4. CBD oil can help with various skin diseases. Eczema or atopic dermatitis can be very uncomfortable, especially for babies. Cannabidiol Oil can help relieve its symptoms, including itching, blistering, and swelling. CBD Oil has anti-inflammatory properties that are very powerful when it comes to reducing the irritation and inflammation, making it a highly effective Eczema medication. It is usually applied topically, but some orally ingest it for faster relief.
Cannabidiol Oil can also be highly effective when it comes to Psoriasis. It can reduce the swelling and redness in no time, and takes away the discomfort that comes with the flare-ups. It also reduces the bacteria that may colonize on the affected surface and slow the healing process.
5. CBD Oil is an excellent anti-acne medication. Whether ingested orally or applied topically, Cannabidiol Oil can help in reducing and preventing pimples. By regulating the production of sebum or the oil in the surface of the skin, Cannabidiol oil, in effect, prevents pimple growth.